Donald Trump asked whether he will run for President in 2024
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jason Miller, the former US President’s election communications chief in 2016 and 2020, has launched GETTR in direct competition to Twitter which Mr Trump used almost daily to get his views across to the world. Speaking to the Sunday Express, Mr Miller accused the social media giants of interfering in the last US election by suppressing a damaging story about Joe Biden’s son Hunter and then after the election banning Mr Trump from both Twitter and Facebook for life.
He said: “One in six Biden voters have said they would have changed their vote or considered doing so if they had known about the Hunter Biden story.”
He also noted that concerns over Big Tech in the US meant that two thirds of the people joining GETTR want to take on the social media giants as opposed to a third who want to support President Trump.
He said: “We launched on July 4th, Independence Day, so that people could declare their independence from big tech and so far we’ve been the fastest ever social media platform to get to 1 million users.
“We are also the fastest ever social media platform to 2 million users and this thing is really taking off like a rocket ship.
“I would say that Twitter and Facebook are our two most likely competitors as far as marketplaces.”
He said that unlike Twitter there will be no space for terrorist groups like Hamas or the Taliban.
However, also unlike Twitter, people “who want to express a political view will not be cancelled.”
The new platform will also be different in that it will not collect and sell people’s data.
Describing his competitors, Mr Miller said: “Ostensibly they are about social media, they are actually data companies.”
Echoing a campaign slogan from his former boss, Mr Miller said that GETTR will “make social media fun again.”
He is in talks with famous South American footballers, two leading singers and other celebrities to join the site.
In the UK Reclaim Party leader and actor Lawrence Fox has joined the site.
It was announced this week that Mr Fox would play Hunter Biden in a film about the alleged financial scandals.
Mr Miller says there will be no room for pornography or racial abuse on GETTR and users who infringe those rules will be banned.
The communications guru said that GETTR is standing up to cancel culture and an unprecedented time of censorship in western history.
He said: “If you told me I would be advocating for free speech and Trump around the world a year and a half ago I would say you were crazy.
“Seeing what happened I really think this last year was the single worst year for censorship in American history.
“Going back to last spring when covid came about and people were being censored for saying things as radical as the virus came from a lab in China.
“The fact that Big Tech would go and censor and shut that down I think was really a travesty for free speech in America.
“Now we find ourselves in a place where the White House are actively working with social media to pick winners and losers in the free speech stakes.
“If you had had President Trump and [his press secretary] Sarah Huckerbee saying ‘we are working with a social media company to identify certain posts to say they should be removed’. People would be going nuts, this is the fascist state, this is 1984.”
Source: Read Full Article