Boxer known as ‘Heart Breaker’ broke woman’s nose after she rejected him

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A Canadian pro boxer has been arrested after allegedly assaulting two women in a bar, resulting in one of them having her nose broken in three places.

Peter Nowaczek, 27, is accused of punching Jamie Coutts, who is also Canadian, until the woman passed out during an attack at Coyote Lounge Bar in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

The boxer, nicknamed the ‘Heart Breaker’ is said to have approached the two women and tried to flirt with them but they refused his advances on Saturday night, according to one of the victims.

Nowaczek from Toronto, reportedly began walking away from the woman but instead turned and charged at them before hitting Ms Coutts in the face until she passed out on December 4.

He made his boxing debut in 2019 and has fought four bouts in the cruiser division.

Nowaczek was arrested for double attempted femicide.

Ms Coutts was left with her nose broken in multiple places, a badly injured eye and broke some of her teeth, according to her friend.

She is now having difficulty breathing as she recovers from her shocking injuries but is expected to undergo surgery in Mexico before she can return home to Vancouver.

Ms Coutts is currently staying in a hotel and must attend regular hospital check ups before her operation.

She was on holiday when the incident took place and she was not covered by travel insurance at the time.

Ms Coutts now has to crowdfund to pay her medical and accommodation expenses. The woman's friend was also punched in the attack and required stitches to her head.

For the latest breaking news and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Her friend ended up carrying Ms Coutts out of the bar to a taxi in order to get to the hospital.

Both women say they have never met Nowaczek before.

Ms Coutts had earlier made headlines earlier this year in Canada after she filmed a man following her for over half an hour.

Mohammed Majidpour, 34, was later charged with criminal harassment, but the charge was subsequently stayed.

  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article