Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
The Cornwall shark attack boat has set off on another snorkelling trip just days after a woman was savaged during a horror dive, it has been revealed.
The Celtic Fox was spotted as it left the harbour with a brave group of adrenaline junkies this morning (Wednesday, August 3) at around 9am.
The boat, operated by Blue Shark Snorkel Trips, hit headlines after it was at the centre of the first recorded shark attack off Britain in 175 years.
READ MORE UK shark attack survivor shares horror of 'freak' bite from predator
The excursion vessel was seen as it made its shocking debut out of Penzance, with what appeared to be eight guests and three staff in tow.
They had a brief chat in the cabin before leaving to head out to sea – to swim among sharks.
It comes after the unnamed victim said her snorkelling experience was "amazing" despite it ending with a suspected shark bite on Thursday (July 28).
Onlookers said the company and its patrons were "cagey" about speaking as the boat set sail today.
One person said: ''The general mood is positive, one customer on the way to suit up in their wetsuit in the office nearby just chuckled when asked about the incident.
''Another woman, who said she worked with sharks, says she wasn't worried at all.''
The victim addressed the attack in a statement shared by Blue Shark Snorkel and labelled sharks as "majestic creatures."
She said: “I just wanted to say that despite how the trip ended, it was amazing to see such majestic creatures in the wild and I don’t for a second want this freak event to tarnish the reputation of an already persecuted species.
"What was a very scary incident was made so much easier by the kindness and calmness of the people around me.
'Destructive' identical twins doused themselves in fuel and tried to blow up Esso garage
"Thank you to the trip team for getting me back to shore quickly and carefully and making me feel as safe as I possibly could."
She added: "We all take these risks when we enter the habitat of a predator and we can never completely predict the reactions of a wild animal."
Blue Shark Snorkel previously told the Daily Star that they were in contact with experts to uncover why the attack would have taken place.
A spokesperson said: "These occurrences are extremely rare and can be easily misunderstood so we want this to be dealt with as sensibly as possible.
"As we know, these things can happen when we choose to interact with wild animals in their own environment. The last thing we want is to let speculation drive the media into a world of bad press for the sharks, under no fault of their own.
"We immediately enacted our emergency response plan, with first aid being carried out on the person involved.
"Following advice and assessment from the coastguard, the person walked off the boat and received further treatment ashore."
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .
- For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage.
Huge sharks seen in shallow waters as terrified onlooker screams 'get out' at swimmers
Food blogger who ate 'great white shark' on video now being investigated by police
French beach-goers filmed panicking after 7 foot shark seen ominously prowling coast
Boy, 13, left with ‘blood gushing' out of mangled face after shark savages him
- Shark Attacks
Source: Read Full Article