Dad angry as girl narrowly avoids chocking on plastic inside Sainsburys sausage

A dad has been left shocked after noticing a piece of plastic inside a sausage his daughter was about to eat.

The father from East London was preparing breakfast for his teenage daughter on Monday (August 30) when he discovered the plastic lodged inside.

Courtney Barret cut into the frankfurter he had cooked and saw a bright blue piece of plastic in the middle of the meat.

Luckily, he cut into the food for his daughter Cherise, 16, before she took a bite.

The 47-year-old told MyLondon: “I am utterly shocked.

“My daughter or anybody else who may have bought this product could have choked on the plastic and been killed.”

He added he didn't notice the plastic at first, but on closer inspection, he saw it – claiming it could have been much worse.

“It’s lucky that I cut her sausages for her,” Courtney said.

The dad ordered the packet of Morliny Frankfurter sausages from Sainsbury's online, and is not certain which branch they came from, but believes it could be his nearby store, Stratford Centre.

  • ‘Google Maps for graves’ will make every Church of England graveyard searchable online

He contacted the branch to explain his concern but claims he was left disappointed by the response.

He said: “I called the store and they confirmed they have the product in stock.

“If they are still on the shelves today then they are really not giving a s**t about the danger posed.”

Courtney claims he spoke to the manager over the phone after discovering the plastic, and he had to insist on giving him the barcode from the pack to investigate.

He also contacted Sainsbury's online over the ordeal but says he hasn't had a call back over the past couple of days since.

The dad then turned to Twitter in a bid to get a response, and urges customers to check all processed foods.

He went on to say: “I'm pretty disgusted at their lack of concern and will not be shopping with them again! I've reported the matter to the Food Standards Agency and The Environmental Health."

A spokesperson from Sainsbury’s said: “We have apologised to the customer for this rare experience and provided a full refund.”

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article