Escaped pet python bit man, 65, on balls as he sat down on toilet in his home

A man was bitten on his genitals by a snake when he sat down on the loo at home in Austria.

The 65-year-old said he instantly bolted up onto his feet after feeling a "pinch" and turned around to find a 5ft albino python curled up in his toilet bowl.

A python's bite might not be venomous but the man was taken to hospital for "minor injuries" and for medics to check he had not been infected by bacteria in his toilet.

According to the MailOnline, it was 6am on Monday when the unnamed man from Graz, received the painful fright.

After calling the emergency services, a local reptile expert arrived at his apartment in southern Austria and removed the snake from its hiding spot.

The reptile had escaped from a neighbour's home.

Expert Werner Stangl said he cleaned the unharmed python and returned it to its 24-year-old reptile fanatic owner.

Police said the escapee is one of 11 non-venomous snakes kept in specially-designed cages and drawers by the neighbour, who also owns a gecko in his apartment.

He told police he had no idea the python was missing, let alone made its way into his neighbour's apartment until it was brought back to him.

How it managed to get into a neighbour's loo and bite someone on the balls remains a mystery.

Expert Mr Stangl told local newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten that this was the first time in 40 years working with reptiles, that he had been called out to anything like it.

Police said the snake owner had been referred to prosecutors for negligent bodily harm. It is unclear if he will be charged.

Animal services were informed of the 24-year-old's hoard of potentially dangerous snakes.

Last week a snake bite left two people stranded on a cliff in need of urgent rescue in the UK.

A search team was deployed by the Coastguard in Cornwall to track down an unnamed pair who had dialled 999 after one of them was bitten by what is believed to be an adder.

Source: Read Full Article