A Brockville, Ont., man is facing serious charges after police say they seized thousands of dollars worth of illegal substances, as well as an explosive device.
Both Brockville police and OPP’s tactical unit participated in a search warrant in Brockville that led to the seizure of about $30,000 worth of purple fentanyl and crystal meth.
OPP also seized an explosive device, which was operational at the time of the search. OPP officers were able to dismantle the explosive device safely.
Police also seized a mechanical drug press, packaging materials and a large sum of cash from the home.
Police pointed to the man’s “extensive criminal history.” Farrell was reportedly out on bail for previous violent offences and is on multiple probation orders along with two court orders prohibiting him from possessing any explosive devices.
He was charged with the following:
- one count of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking
- three counts of failing to comply with a prohibition order
- two counts of failing to comply with a probation order
- one count of failing to comply with a court order
Source: Read Full Article