Harry and Meghan chose victim card over making things right, says critic

One of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's biggest critics has slammed the pair over their actions during the mourning period following the Queen's death earlier this month (September 8).

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were seen on several occasions, most notable with Prince William and Kate Middleton during a walkabout to greet mourners outside Windsor Castle.

And despite rumours that the 'Fab Four' had put their differences aside and united in memory of Her Majesty, it appears that some do not believe it.

READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan will never reunite 'Fab Four' as 'trust in Duke is broken'

Royal expert Angela Levin has launched a scathing attack on the couple following their appearance at the Queen's funeral.

Writing for Sky News Australia, Levin claimed in the headline for her column that the couple had “chosen to play to victim card” rather than making peace with the family – despite the “golden opportunity”.

She wrote: “Harry and Meghan hold deep-seated grievances about the Royal Family, which they have shared for global consumption ever since they 'stepped back' as senior members of the firm in 2020.

“Charles chose to rise above it the day after his mother died, saying: 'I want to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives overseas'.

“William meanwhile graciously chose to invite Harry and Meghan to join him and Catherine on a walk around Windsor Castle, to chat to well-wishers and look at the flowers they had left.

  • Prince Harry told to 'get a degree' as back up from Royal Family exit masterplan

“I thought the four of them and particularly Meghan looked extremely uncomfortable. It was thought The Queen’s distressing death could lead to the chance of a lifetime and the family would unite in grief.

“But it doesn’t look as if anything substantial will change. Not least because one petty grievance after another has been leaked, many of which have been untrue and inappropriately timed.”

  • Woman who met Meghan Markle hits back at claims she was 'paid' to be nice to her

The couple returned to the US shortly after the official state funeral proceedings had ended, and it remains to be seen how the Royal Family – which King Charles III is said to be slimming right down to just the core members – deal with the pair in future.

Prince Harry's tell-all book is due to hit shop shelves next year, which sources claims has more “explosive” stories in.

The Daily Star has contacted Meghan and Harry's team for a comment.

To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

READ MORE:

  • For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage
  • Queen gave Meghan Markle 'dressing down' after 'upset' Duchess 'tasted egg' in a dish

  • Kate Middleton bows in 'respect' to Queen Consort Camilla as Meghan shows 'confidence'

  • Harry and Meghan 'furious' at King's decision not to give Archie and Lilibet HRH titles

  • Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle travel in separate cars behind Queen's coffin

Source: Read Full Article