A three-year-old girl was saved by her hero gran after being bitten by a lethal snake while playing in her backyard.
Lucia Carna accidentally stepped on the deadly animal in her grandmother's garden in Mandurah, Western Australia.
Home security footage shows the toddlers scream and run towards her gran Jill, who gave first aid which doctors said was vital in saving the youngster's life.
It is believed Lucia was bitten by a dugite, which is one of the most venomous snakes in the world.
Lucia's relieved mum urged all parents to learn what to do if their child is bitten by a snake.
She said: "What we were told at the hospital was that mum's actions immediately after had made a massive difference.
"When that phone call came through, that you don't ever want to get, that your child, something's happened.
"My thought was: 'Mum can handle that'.
"If it can happen here it can happen really happen anywhere."
The last known death from a dugite snake was in 2015 when a woman was bitten on her heel on a beach on Fremantle, Western Australia.
In 2011 a seven-year-old boy was temporarily paralysed after a dugite entered his bedroom at night and wrapped around his arm.
The dugite is considered to be one of the most dangerous snakes in the world.
It employs both venom and constriction as a means of killing its prey.
Source: Read Full Article