Mum fumes as son goes missing from nursery and walks home in soiled nappy

Parents of a three-year-old non-verbal schoolboy were left furious after he went missing from nursery and showed up at their doorstep one afternoon having walked home completely unsupervised.

Miles Diffey went missing from his class at Trealaw Primary School on Friday, but his parents claim they were not notified until he turned up with a stranger at their door after walking in the pouring rain.

Miles was due to be picked up at the usual time of 11:50am from Rhondda Cynon Taf school. To the surprise of mum Georgia Wilcox, her son had walked home alone from school by 10:50am.

According to Georgia, a woman spotted her son wandering the streets and followed him to make sure he got home safe.

Georgia told ITV: "She had no idea how long he had been out and found him on one of the hills coming down to our house.

"He was soaked through, his nappy was full, and it seems he had been out walking for a while."

Parents Georgia, 28, and William Diffey, 29, said they were “shaken up” and “angry” and claimed that they were not notified by the school and they won’t show them the CCTV to know when exactly he left the school.

They say the school were giving multiple explanations of when he left the school but said: "I just feel like we're being lied to and they're trying to cover their own backs.

  • Harry Potter star Miriam Margolyes shares health woes as ‘everything falls apart’

"We were initially told Miles got out through a fence, then he left through the main gate and left the school at 10.35am which they saw on the camera, but we now know he was seen at 10.30am out of the school so none of it makes sense.

"I just want answers."

A Rhondda Cynon Taf Council spokesperson said: "The safeguarding of pupils is of paramount importance and a full investigation into this serious incident is already underway.

"We fully share the concerns of parents and guardians of pupils, and they will shortly be receiving a letter regarding the incident."

Georgia and William said a meeting has been organised with the school on Monday and added they would not be sending Miles back to the school.

Source: Read Full Article