Mum heartbroken at losing all three kids as daughter missing and both sons dead

A devastated mum has revealed her heartbreak after losing all three of her children, with her two sons dead and her daughter missing.

Sylvia Jenkins renewed her public appeals for information on the whereabouts of her daughter Natalie who disappeared in 2019 and police fear has been murdered.

She has spoken out about the further tragedy her family has faced from the recent death of her youngest son, Neville Francis Holdsworth, 38.

Neville died on August 30 and he was Sylvia's last-surviving child and a much-loved stepson of her husband Chris, the Daily Mirror reports.

He had battled drug addiction and died of diabetic ketoacidosis, which happens when high levels of ketones build up in the body of a diabetes sufferer when it starts to run out of insulin.

Sylvia said: "He was an excellent footballer and got scouted on more than one occasion. He loved art and poetry and he loved the Boro.

"He had lots of friends in the town and he was a lovely lad – everyone who knew him said it – even the police. I had a very close connection with probation because I did a lot to try to help Neville.

"I am still in shock that my boy has passed away. He had been a drug user, but he did not die of drugs; he was seriously ill.

"It happened when I was just starting to get my head around Natalie."

In 2004, Sylvia lost her eldest son Anthony when he fell from a balcony at his home in Thornaby, North Yorkshire, at the age of 24.

On December 19, 2019, Natalie went missing – presumed to have been murdered but no one has been brought to justice.

The investigation was scaled back in June and a man suspected of killing her was released with no further action.

At the time, Sylvia and Chris publicly thanked the officers who worked on Natalie's case.

  • Parents of disabled girl charged with murder after she was starved and eaten by rats

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

The mother-of-three had nothing but praise for the police who, she said, "left no stone unturned".

Sylvia says that even though a body has never been found she has accepted Natalie is no longer alive.

She said: "I do believe she has died. We were so close, she would have been in touch with me if she was still alive."

Despite the investigation being scaled back, Mrs Jenkins urged anyone with information that could help catch Natalie's killer to come forward.

She said: "I don't want anyone to think it's over with now. We haven't heard anything new, but I know that they review it every year."

Sylvia believes drugs were "a catalyst" to the tragic death of her daughter and she also tried in vain to help Natalie in her battle with addiction.

  • 'Snapchat killer' case reopened as police probe 'catfish' profile after teens murdered

She said: "We have lived with trauma for a long time with drug addiction being in our family."

Natalie was 32 when she vanished, last seen walking towards Albert Park on Park Road South in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, at 11:38pm.

Officers have investigated 115 reported sightings, viewed 130 CCTV clips, taken almost 1,200 statements and seized 1,500 items of potential evidence.

Temporary Detective Inspector Iain Pearson said: “Extensive enquiries have been carried out to try to find Natalie and her disappearance is still being investigated by Cleveland Police.

“We are supporting Natalie’s family, particularly over this difficult period, and our thoughts remain with them and all those affected by her disappearance.

“Anyone who may have information in relation to the inquiry can call Cleveland Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

Source: Read Full Article