The Queen's children will be stepping in on 'royal duties' after the monarch had a health scare resulting in her first hospital stay in eight years.
The 95-year-old was taken to King Edward VII hospital in Marylebone, London, on Wednesday where specialist doctors performed a series of tests, Mirror reports.
She spent the night there in what was only her fifth hospital visit in the past 40 years, before returning home to Windsor Castle on Thursday.
The Queen was forced to “reluctantly” cancel a two day trip to Northern Ireland on Wednesday morning, less than five hours before she was due to arrive.
Buckingham Palace sources have said the Queen remains in good spirits and will only undertake "light duties" before the results of the tests are clear and she speaks to doctors.
It is understood other senior royals will be stepping in to fulfil her duties as she recuperates from her hospital stay.
The future king, Prince Charles, 72, is said to be increasing his time at Windsor Castle and spent the night there on Tuesday.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also rumoured to be taking over some of the monarch's duties, although Buckingham Palace has shot down rumours the pair will move to Windsor as “speculation”.
Princess Anne, 71, who lives at Gatcombe Park, around an hour and a half away from Windsor, stepped in for her mother while she was in hospital to hand out awards – including a Damehood to food writer and TV presenter Mary Berry.
Prince Harry admits 'feeling a little bit dark' in surprise call to Army veterans
Sources confirmed the Queen is accommodating visitors over the weekend from “family who live nearby”.
Her youngest son Edward, his wife Sophie and their children Louise and James live in Bagshot Park in Surrey, which is just 11 miles away.
Scandal-hit Prince Andrew, who also lives close to the Queen at his Royal Lodge home on the Windsor Estate, is also understood to be planning to visit his mother in the coming days.
One of the biggest events in the diary is the UN Climate Change Conference.
Queen's hospital statement included three words that 'set off alarm bells', says expert
The Queen is understood to be committed to attending COP26 conference in Glasgow on November 1, alongside son Prince Charles and grandson Prince William, as they jointly encourage world leaders to take action on the global climate emergency.
A palace source said: “The Queen is in good spirits and will continue to take a period of rest over the next few days.
“She will be guided by her doctors on what is appropriate in terms of her duties.”
Her Majesty is understood to have several engagements in her diary for next week which have been put on hold, while an assessment on her attendance at COP26 will be taken in due course.
Prince Philip 'would have told Queen to relax a bit' amid recent health struggles
Downing Street declined to say whether Prime Minister Boris Johnson held his weekly audience with the monarch on Wednesday, but so far it has not been listed in the Court Circular, the official record of royal engagements.
The spokesman said: “The Prime Minister’s best wishes have been passed on to Her Majesty.”
The visit came just six months after the death of her husband Prince Philip at the age of 99.
Her Majesty has had a covid test which confirmed she was not suffering from coronavirus.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article