Three firefighters were injured Saturday morning battling a garage fire in Jefferson County.
West Metro Fire Rescue responded about 9:30 a.m. to the Tanemara apartments, 11439 W. Burgandy Ave., near the intersection of South Simms Street and West Bowles Avenue, on a garage fire, according to the fire department.
The fire started in the engine compartment of a white C3 Corvette parked inside an adjoined garage at the complex, west metro said. When firefighters arrived, light smoke was showing.
When firefighters opened the garage door, the “smoldering fire flashed over, causing a vapor explosion,” west metro said. Three firefighters suffered “minor injuries” and were taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Firefighters contained the fire to the one garage unit.
Source: Read Full Article