Toddler fighting for life after falling from top floor window at block of flats

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A two-year-old girl is currently fighting for her life after tragically falling from the top floor of a block of flats.

The tot is understood to have plunged around 40 feet from a building in Barrhead, near Glasgow.

Police Scotland are currently investigating the circumstances around the fall.

A spokesperson said: “Police received report of a two-year-old girl who was injured after falling from the window of a flat on Craighead Way in Barrhead around 8.25pm on Thursday, September 2.

“Emergency services attended and she was taken to the Royal Hospital for Children in Glasgow, where her condition is described as stable.

“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this incident.”

There are currently no released details of the girl's injuries and her parents are reportedly keeping a bedside vigil at the hospital.

Never want to miss a story like this? You can get all of Daily Star's articles sent directly to your inbox! Sign up in seconds here!

A neighbour said: "We have been told that a young girl fell out of a top-floor window but little else.

"The emergency services were on the scene quickly and the police have been back a few times since.

  • Fuming mum says son excluded from school as haircut he's had for years is 'too short'

"I don't think many people realised what was going on at the time."

The flats have reportedly not been refurbished in the past 15 years.

Councillor Danny Devlin said: "Nobody really knows exactly what has happened here.

"The flat belongs to the council and the family have a tenancy.

"This has been a shocking incident and our thoughts are with the girl and her family.

  • Hero skydiving instructor sacrificed himself to save grandad in horror 12,000ft fall

"Everyone is hoping and praying that she makes full recovery."

The Daily Record have reported that the two-year-old's condition remains stable – but police have not revealed the extent of the little girl's injuries.

  • In the News

Source: Read Full Article