Young mum ‘thought she would be killed’ in horror carjacking after Snapchat scam

A young mum thought she would be killed in a horrifying Snapchat carjacking scam at knifepoint, whilst her toddler was in the backseat.

The terrifying ordeal was caught on camera on Clumber Road at about 7pm on Thursday evening (June 17).

Courtney Slater, 21, travelled with her boyfriend (who does not wish to be named) to Gorton, Manchester, after setting up a sunglasses sale on Snapchat.

The arranged meet was part of a Snapchat scam which left Courtney scrambling to save her toddler when she was threatened at knife point by a group of hooded men, the Manchester Evening News reports.

After arriving at the location, Courtney waited in the car with her two-year-old son Lekai.

At the side of the vehicle, the buyer was shown the sunglasses and the pair exchanged conversation for a while.

But suddenly, a group of hooded men "appeared from nowhere" and began chasing him with knives.

Courtney attempted to flee the scene but was approached by a member of the group.

He put a knife to her throat and ordered her to get out of her car.

She believed the attackers were going to kill her and take her son.

Speaking to the Manchester Evening News, she said: “He thought they were going to buy the glasses. He was showing him the glasses and the man said he didn’t know if he wanted them.

“Then people came by the side of the car out of nowhere and tried to stab my boyfriend. They started chasing him with the knife and we didn’t realise one had stayed behind.

“He had the knife to my throat in front of my two-year-old in the back of my car.

  • Shocking moment mum is dragged from her car by masked men as she begs to save young son

“I started screaming and crying. As long as my kid was safe, that’s all I was bothered about.

“I thought, ‘Oh my God, Lekai is in the back. What if he gets in the car and take Lekai? I’m going to have to get stabbed’.

“I went to put the car into first gear and he opened the door and said get out the car.

“I grabbed onto my steering wheel to try and stay in the car. He pulled me that hard, my top ripped.

“He said, ‘Get the kid from the back,’ and pushed me. I tried to run but my legs were jelly.

“I tried to get my two-year-old out of the seat and he was caught in the seatbelt. They didn’t care; they just started driving.”

Courtney’s vehicle was recovered in a nearby side street shortly after the incident.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Her phone, house keys and car keys were all missing.

She says the attack has also had an impact on her young son, who today told her: “The man pulled mummy out of the car”.

She continued: “I just sat there wailing. I feel horrible. I can’t drive; I got in my car after I got it back and I felt sick. I don’t want to be in the car.

“Every time a car drives past my house I’m worried it’s them. I had letters in my car and I’m worried they have my address.”

One of the attackers has been described as around 19 years old, black, heavily built and wearing a blue coat and black balaclava.

Another attacker has been described as being around 19 years old, white and wearing grey shorts and a Gucci bag.

GMP confirmed no arrests have been made and enquiries into the attack are ongoing.

In a statement, the force said: "Police were called around 7.10pm on Thursday 17 June 2021 to Clumber Road, Gorton to a report of an armed theft of a motor vehicle.

"Enquiries have since established a young woman and her child were approached by three males before she was threatened with a knife and the males fled the scene in her vehicle.

"Thankfully both mother and child are safe and well."

Detective Sergeant Helen Fletcher, of GMP's Operation Valiant, added: "Understandably, this was a frightening and shocking incident and officers from GMP's Operation Valiant team are working around the clock and following multiple positive lines of enquiry in order to bring the offenders to justice."

Source: Read Full Article